Friday, February 27, 2015

Celebrate Everything!!

Life is precious. Life is a gift. We say those words often, but how often do we live like we believe it? Why must a sudden tragedy always remind us to hug our loved ones and express our love? I say, don't wait for those reminders. Do it just because you can.
 
Sometimes I get teased for putting so much effort into birthdays and other celebrations. The truth is, I love to celebrate! I love an excuse to buy a gift, plan a party, go out for a nice dinner and make my family and friends feel special. Life is worth celebrating now. Right now!


In my eyes, virtually every achievement is worth celebrating. How you decide to celebrate is up to you. While some celebrations can be as simple as a trip to your favorite ice cream shop and others can be as extravagant as a ritzy vacation. Whatever your reason is to celebrate (and whatever your budget may be), just do something special to seize the moment and enjoy life. Because, let's face it, tragedy is all around us. Destruction, divorce, disease, and death... we've all experienced life's disappointments one way or another. So, why not raise the bar and live life's grand moments with a little extra flair and excitement? Let's make happy memories and celebrate life the best way possible.

Take a moment and think about which life achievements you've celebrated with loved ones. Surely you'll think of birthdays, weddings, graduations, babies, new jobs, and promotions. Why stop there? Life isn't easy and everyone has different goals and achievements. I say we celebrate new cars, new homes, new pets, good health, good report cards, no homework, a completed home/school project, the end of a hard school/work week... my point is, simply come up with reasons to just live in the moment more frequently.

I'll say it again. Life is precious. Life is a gift. Maybe those words struck you differently this time. Maybe you thought of a reason to celebrate today. I hope you did.

Here's a song that always makes me smile and reminds me that life is filled with precious memories. I hope it encourages you to celebrate all of life's sentimental moments -- both big and small.


No comments: