Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Holiday Hustle and Bustle

The past couple of days have been filled with lots of holiday activities! In between working my various jobs I've found some time to do some holiday shopping.

Friday, December 5th I worked all day at Williams-Sonoma. Dan had his last day of classes and then spent the rest of his day studying for finals at my house.

Saturday, December 6th Dan and my dad went to the Men's Breakfast at church and afterwards they went to see the new James Bond. Once they got home Dan and I went out to Oakbrook Mall to do some holiday shopping. It was cold and there were a few flurries in the air, but it was all delightful. That mall looks so lovely at night when it's all lit up!

Sunday, December 7th I worked at Williams-Sonoma in the evening. The mall was open until 10:00 p.m. but there weren't many shoppers that late. I guess no one is in quite the rush... yet.

Monday, December 8th I worked all day at Williams-Sonoma. I did a lot of pre-wrapping so that we can stay ahead of the crowds. It did get too busy, but I didn't have to deal with many guests because I was in the back most of the time.

Today, I came in to work at church and was surprised to see my new work space all set up! All thanks to Anthony! It's still a bit disorganized, but Anthony came by and we got a lot done. We have so many ideas for expanding the church's media and web site so that we can better serve the congregation and the community! I'm anxious to see what God lays before us.

Also, today Dan made a surprise stop by the office to bring me some Starbucks! My dad went to pick him up at school and bring him to our house so that he could pick up his car from the shop. On his way back to school he stopped by and visited me for a bit. It was so good to see him! He's the best!

No comments: