Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Wedding Shower

Dan and I had our Wedding Shower on Saturday, April 25th at Parker Road Bible Church in Mokena. It was a wonderful afternoon, but before the shower even started we had an interesting morning.

First of all, I got very little sleep the night before. I guess that I was just so excited about the shower! I was awake well before I needed to be up.

Dan and I left my house early. We wanted to stop by Michaels before the shower to pick up some things for the wedding. It was the last day of their huge sale! On our way a small dog was limping around speeding cars on a four lane highway and we were heading right for him! Dan quickly stopped and I cried out, "Dan, do something!" No other cars were stopping. The dog went under our car and we tried to get him out. He was scared and feisty! Other stopped and we all worked together in the rain to get the dog out from under our car. Once he was caught and he stopped trying to bite everyone, Dan called the owners and left them a message. One of the ladies that helped us took the dog since she would be in the area. Phew!

We finally made it to Michaels and made our way to the Wedding section. Within minutes there was an older woman who started taking to us about our wedding. She then proceeded to help us pick out some items that we would need. Then, to top things off she gave us a coupon to save some extra money! Wow! While waiting in line, Dan was offered another coupon by a nice lady waiting in front of us! Every little bit helps!

Below are picture from our Wedding Shower. I'll tell you all about it as we go through some of the pictures.

Donna Fox created this lovely, delicious cake for our shower! She also brought flowers from her personal garden to fit the theme "Shower of Blessings."

Dan's mother [Carol] made a surprise entrance at our shower! She flew in from California to see her favorite son. She bought her plane ticket two days before the shower! Dan and I had no idea she was coming! It was an awesome surprise!

Melanie introduced Carol to our guests. Carol has known me since I was about seven years old. She asked God's blessing on the food and fellowship for the afternoon.

Melanie also introduced Lisa to our guests. Lisa has also known me since I was a little girl. She was my youth leader growing up. Lisa shared a beautiful devotional with everyone. I really enjoyed every minute!

Dan and I were also blessed with many thoughtful gifts! We had a blast opening our gifts and gift cards. I really look forward to getting an apartment with Dan... we have so many wonderful new things to help us start our new life together!

Dani, Auntie Patty, Melanie, and Carrie (not pictured) put together such a lovely shower for me and Dan. We are both very grateful to have such special friends in our lives! Thank you, ladies!
58 days until the wedding!

No comments: