Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Something from Jessie 2009

This year's Something from Jessie Memorial Scholarship Spaghetti Dinner was a huge success! We had amazing weather (so the moonwalk and beanbags were up and running), delicious food, a wide variety of sweet desserts, and an awesome praise and worship band! We were greatly blessed in every possible way that evening.

The dinner started at 5:00 p.m. and about 30 minutes into the dinner Jessie's family was trying to quickly put up more tables and chairs in the gym for guests! We were overflowing with support! Then, during the special program (featuring music, door prizes, and a brief statement from Olen Johnsen, the Associate Director at Phantom Ranch) many stuck around to participate. Over all, it was an amazing evening!

I would like to give a special shout out to everyone who supported this special event! To Jessie's family - Thank you for organizing such a blessed event every year! To our Parker Road Bible Church family - Thank you for bringing so many delicious desserts, I'm sure I ate too many, they were all amazing! To the Praise Band- Thank you for coming early to practice and for putting your heart into every song, I had a blast with each of you! To the Youth Group - Thank you for volunteering your time and energy into serving at the dinner, it really helps us a lot! To everyone who made a contribution through prayer or financially - Thank you for helping us change lives for God's glory!

We are still waiting on an official dollar amount raised [money is still coming in]. While the recession may have effected our numbers, we are still confident that God has provided every penny needed for the campers he wants us to send to camp.

Now that the dinner is over my focus has returned to the wedding. I've got a lot of little details to take care of and sometimes wonder if I will actually get everything done. I guess I waited too long to take care of a lot of details, but I've seem to have a grip on everything now. At least, I hope so.

Only 17 days until the wedding!

No comments: