Sunday, August 30, 2009

My 27th Birthday

Not long after Dan's birthday... not long after Kathleen's birthday... my birthday follows! On Friday, August 28th I celebrated my 27th birthday and it was a glorious day!

Dan had to work, but as usual, he woke me up to say good bye - and wish me a happy birthday! I didn't sleep in too late because I wanted to get in the shower and prep myself for a day of looking young and oh-so-fabulous! When I went outside our bedroom and into the living room and dinning area I found a gorgeous bouquet of flowers... pink and white lilies, identical to our wedding flowers! Along with the flowers there was a card from my loving husband. He always manages to find sweet ways to surprise me!

After my shower and some extra grooming time, I went to visit my parents. As usual, my father sang my special birthday song (Donald Duck's 50th Birthday Song, but replacing my name with Donald's) and as usual, my mother sang it like I used to when I was a little girl.

Together we did some grocery shopping and then went out for lunch at Red Robin - yum! After a delicious lunch we went back to my parents house for dessert, a sweet, sweet cookies and cream chocolate cake! After dessert I got to open some gifts and then spend some time with my parents before my dad had to leave for cross country practice.

Not too long after my dad left I made my way back to the apartment. Got delayed in some traffic, but ended up getting a phone call from Kathleen, so that worked out perfectly.

Once I got home I quickly put some items away. Not too long after I got home I heard the front door open and it startled me... Dan was home early! What another nice surprise! Once Dan was settled he gave me my birthday present... all three Pirates of the Caribbean on blue ray! I have been wanting these movies on blue ray long before we even had a blue ray player! Oh... and FYI, they're amazing in blue ray! The details is incredible!

That evening Dan said he was taking me to Bahama Breeze for dinner - we love that place! Ah yes, dinner with my hubby and indulging on coconut shrimp... that is a good day! Now when we arrived at the restaurant I was surprised to find some of our friends were already there, waiting for us! Then, more showed up! There we eight of us for dinner. I had a blast! I think that birthdays are always more fun when they're spent with friends and family... the more the merrier!

Thank you to everyone who made my birthday so special! I certainly had a terrific day!

PS - Happy Birthday Leann Rimes!

NOTE: Will update with photos soon!

No comments: