Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Workin' It

Lately, Dan and I have been on a bigger health-kick then usual. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is so much easier when you have a partner... especially someone that you live with.

I'm trying to keep my body from hitting a "wall" while I lose weight, so I've been changing things up pretty regularly. My reason for steady weight-loss? 1. Kathleen's wedding, 2. Summer is around the corner and 3. I'm going on a short vaca at an indoor water park in the Dells next weekend. Plus, I feel better from the inside out when I'm eating right, exercising, and drinking lots of water!

So what's my plan right now? This week I am NOT eating bread, rice, pasta, or potatoes. Instead, I'm eating chicken breast, fish, lots of veggies, and citrus fruits. I'm also cutting back on coffee and drinking lots of green tea in its place.

On top of my healthy eating I am also exercising more frequently. I don't have much time during the day, so I usually do some stepping on my Wii Fit while I watch TV and/or my basic Pilate's DVD.

My body is rapidly shaping up and I'm already getting my slender figure back! Dan is working on his six-pack and its certainly starting to come through!

If you really know me, then you know that I have a serious sweet tooth! So how am I surviving this lifestyle change? Easy! One day a week I can eat whatever I want... however much I want! I call it My Splurge Day. Usually it is on Saturday. Having a splurge day is important because it shocks your system. If your body gets used to you eating nothing but "diet" food, then it'll adjust to that lifestyle... but if you give your body a good shock and eat some junk food (or in my case, a lot of junk food), then your body will reset to accommodate the sudden change.

I'll admit, sometimes I can over do it when it comes to splurging... but I still manage to drop weight each and every week. Plus, if you cut back on your junk food that Oreo cookie will taste so much better when you haven't had one in a long time! I know it does to me.

No comments: