Monday, March 5, 2012

Viggle

I think it was the beginning of February when I first heard about Viggle - thanks to the DJs on WBGL, during my morning drive to work. It's a free iPod/iPhone app that gives you rewards for watching television. I'll admit, I was a little skeptical at first. It all seemed too easy and the rewards appear to be ones I wouldn't mind getting.

Dan and I decided to put it to the test. We each downloaded the app, opened accounts and started earning points by watching bonus videos (commercials and trailers) and checking in to television shows that we were watching. The points added up faster than we thought and in a matter of a week I had enough points to purchase a $25 Amazon gift card (rewards vary from week to week). I redeemed my points for the gift card and we used it to purchase Rise of the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Copy Combo Pack). We found the combo pack on sale for about $22.50 and got free, 2-day delivery thanks to Dan's Prime membership. In about 24 hours the movie arrived and we paid nothing out of pocket! Plus, we even have some money left over to go towards something else. Score!

A few weeks ago Dan and I spent a few points to get $5 coupons for Papa John's pizza. Once again, the coupons worked and we had a delicious, cheap dinner! With leftovers!

The only thing that I discovered is that I've never gotten the codes emailed to me, like the apps says. So don't worry if you never get codes emailed to you, they're always accessible from your app.

I figure I would give this app a true test before I started sharing it with family and friends. Now that I have exprienced the ups and downs of Viggle, I'm still watching bonus videos and checking in to the shows that I watch to earn more points. Everybody watches television... you might as well get rewarded!

The Amazon gift card isn't available right now, but once it comes back, Dan and I will be ready!

No comments: