Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Fall = Everything Pumpkin


There was a definite chill in the air as I strolled into work this morning. While I am not one to give up my summertime very easily, I must say that I do enjoy fall and everything that comes with it. My favorite part, aside from the colorful leaves, smell of bonfires, and cozy blankets, would have to be all of the delicious pumpkin treats! Virtually every business/product offers something pumpkin-flavored. Of course, apple cider is certainly up there among my favorite fall treats, but let's face it, in my family I'm known as the one who ate an entire pumpkin pie by herself -- note, it was not in one sitting, but instead over the course of about a week's time. Sigh, I will never live that down. Anyway, pumpkin is clearly a top choice, followed closely by warm apple cider and crisp apple pie.

Here are some of my favorite fall treats...

1. Culver's Pumpkin Shake and Concrete Mixers
Liquefied pumpkin pie, that is exactly what these pumpkin treats taste like! Dan and I try to make it to Culver's at least once to enjoy these tasty treats. We're known to go out of our way for one of these fabulous fall treats.

2. Dunkin Donuts Pumpkin Coffee
DD is my favorite coffee, hands down. Out of all my K-cups, they're the first to run out. The fact that they now offer DD Pumpkin Coffee K-cups is a special bonus. I need to pick up some of these ASAP.

3. Starbuck's Coffee and Baked Goods
Starbuck's offers a delicious Pumpkin Spice Latte that is good even when made with skim milk. My second favorite drink is their Carmel Apple Spice -- one of the coziest drinks ever made. It's perfect for the non-coffee drinker, like my husband. Another drink Starbuck's offers is the Salted Caramel Mocha. I haven't tried it yet, but it's on my "to do" list. If you're not into coffee, or hot drinks in general, pick up a pumpkin-flavored baked good. You won't regret it.

4. Williams-Sonoma Pecan Pumpkin Butter and Spiced Pecan Pumpkin Quick Bread
Each and every year I look forward to the warm smells of fresh pecan pumpkin quick bread at Williams-Sonoma. Their quick bread is super easy to make and tastes amazing! Their pecan pumpkin butter makes amazing dessert squares -- a fall must-have, for sure.
 
5. Sara Lee Oven Fresh Pumpkin Pie
This is it. This is the famous pumpkin pie -- the one that I ate all by myself. The Sara Lee Oven Fresh Pumpkin Pie is super easy to make and tastes delicious! It is a must-have at Thanksgiving.


No comments: