Monday, November 7, 2011

Easy Going Weekend

This weekend was a fun and relaxing weekend - so wonderful!

Friday, November 4th we had Thai with friends, Jeff and Jen, followed by Scrabble Fireside Spice wine (warmed) and my banana-flavored Sprinkles cupcakes at mine and Dan's house. It was a delightful evening.

Saturday, November 5th Dan went the Men's Breakfast at our church and then took my car to get the oil changed - how sweet! He found out that a belt needed to be replaced, so he bought the part and took to Jason's house so that he could install it. The kind gesture saved us mucho dollars, so Dan picked up a special treat for our friend, the handyman, to say thank you.

I woke up around 8:30 am and stayed in bed catching up on Grey's Anatomy and other shows/movies until Dan came home - which was about 1:00 pm. Not gonna lie... it was awesome staying in bed and doing "nothing" virtually all morning.

That afternoon we joined everyone and their mother at the mall. Did I miss something? Is tomorrow Christmas? Nope. Apparently nice weather in November means go to the mall in the Chicagoland area. Anyway, we are really in need of some curtains, so this free Saturday was a great opportunity to take care of this special project. We managed to get a few items scratched of our list, but some of those items are being mailed, so we'll have to wait a bit longer for some of our curtains to go up.

That evening I made yummy taco salads and we watched Silence of the Lambs on TV - there wasn't really anything else good on.

After Silence of the Lambs, we put in Iron Man. During the majority of the movie I organized my childhood cedar chest. I thought I was going to end up making room in the cedar chest once I was done, but in the end I still don't have much room inside. Oh well, at least it is organized and items are much easier to find!

Sunday, November 6th we enjoyed an extra hour of sleep before heading to church for worship practice - it was mine and Dan's turn to volunteer on A/V. Unfortunately, I didn't get to stay for the whole service since I had to go to work at Williams-Sonoma. Thankfully another A/V team member was able to step up and cover for me. Thanks Derek!

Work at Williams-Sonoma was very busy! The tech class had a lot of people in attendance and the phones just seem to be ringing off the hook! It was still a pretty good day. I got to have some delicious white meat turkey and pumpkin ice cream cookies that leftover from the tech class.

That afternoon Dan went to volleyball and I made an attempt to do some editing for my dad. However, some of the files were not working out (long story) so my dad came over so that we could recapture some footage as well as his remaining footage. We got done just after 10:00 pm.

Now its back to work! It'll be a four-day week for me. Thanks to our country's Veterans! Thank you, Veterans, for your service and dedication! God Bless!

No comments: