Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Our First Halloween (In Our New House)

I got home from work just before 4:30 pm - and by then trick-or-treating was half over. No matter, Dan and I had a bunch of candy to hand out and I was ready to do so. Dan came home not too long after I did and I had yet to experience one trick-or-treater.

Dan noticed that a few houses had a similar "BOO" sign on their front door and we became worried that we missed some sort of neighborhood memo. Where the kids skipping our house because we didn't have the sign? Ding, Dong! I guess not. Dan went to the door and handed out candy to a little boy and his even littler sister - they were so cute!

Trick-or-Treating went until 6:00 pm, but of course we had a few steady trick-or-treaters well up to 6:30. We didn't mind. We still had a lot of candy to give away. Our last trick-or-treaters surprised us when our doorbell rang well after 7:00 pm - I'll admit that I jumped when the doorbell rang. Dan went to the door and still gave them candy.

The rest of the evening was spent watching the latest episode of House and then watching Scream - which we both didn't finish and fell asleep.

Our first Halloween in our new house was sweet and simple. Now it is time to remove what little Halloween decorations we have - only leaving up anything that looks "harvesty."

No comments: