Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Housewarming Party I

On Friday, January 20th we got hit with another major snow storm. It got bad rather quickly and everyone at work was sent home at 2:00 p.m. My drive to and from work is about 30 minutes, but on the snowy, slick day it took me well over an hour! Even in my new tires, I crawled the whole way home. Dan was sent home early as well and, just like the last storm, he beat me home.

That evening, Dan and I were super busy getting our house ready for our first housewarming party. My little "sista" (Courtney) came over and helped me get the food cleaned, chopped, baked, and bagged. She also helped by doing dishes and vacuuming the entire first floor! She is such a sweet girl! It was completely her idea to come and help - and a snow storm wasn't going to stop this kind-hearted 18-year-old. We had a great time!

Dan spent the evening organizing and cleaning the garage, hanging pictures, and cleaning. He also made a trip to Walmart for some last minutes items. Good thing Walmart is so close! The snow was really coming down.

It was a long and busy evening, but we got SO much done. I slept very well that night, knowing everything was clean and ready for the party.

Saturday, January 21st Dan and I got up rather early. Dan set his alarm for 7:00 a.m. (so he could shovel) and I sent my alarm for 8:00 a.m. I spent most of my morning getting myself ready for the party. Once I was clean, dressed, and my make-up was complete, I went downstairs to continue getting ready for the party.

My parents arrived at about noon and helped up put the finishing touches on our food and goodies. Shortly after 1:00 p.m. a steady flow of guests arrived and the party was in full swing.

Dan and I were thrilled to have so many loved ones in our home at once. We had a fabulous turn out and I had a great time showing everyone the house.

Dan and I had more than enough food that day. Our last party guests left at about 6:00 p.m. and we were left with a mountain of leftovers. Thankfully, that just means I won't have to do that much cooking (if any) this week. Love it!

Clean up was really easy and after we were done Dan and I sipped some red wine and watched America's Funniest Home Videos on Netflix. It felt so good to just kick back and relax after a rather eventful day.

I'm really disappointed to report that I don't have any photos from the party! I spent so much time visiting with family and friends that I didn't get a chance to snap any photos. Sad. Oh well, it was still a wonderful party. One that I will cherish and remember for the rest of my life. We are so blessed!

No comments: