Wednesday, April 24, 2013

National Infertility Awareness Week 2013


Sunday, April 21st - Saturday, April 27th is National Infertility Awareness Week and for the first time ever, I am struck deeply by this. My eyes and my heart have been opened. I have seen and I have felt the impact of infertility and let me tell you, it hurts!

If there is one thing my infertility journey has taught me, its that I am not alone. There are thousands upon thousands upon thousands of women/couples/families who are struggling with infertility. I know many families who have gone down this path and many who are still dealing with the uncertainties of infertility treatments. Honestly, it is almost just as painful to watch someone go through it. There is so much heartache dealing with a condition that you have absolutely no control over and you have no idea when you'll see the ultimate positive results -- a baby.

Today is Wednesday, April 24th and we are right smack in the middle of National Infertility Awareness Week. I'm going to keep this post very brief and just ask all my readers to take a moment and pray for everyone who is struggling with infertility -- as well as those who will experience it in the future. Infertility is a painful roller coaster with numerous ups and downs and I have God to thank for keeping me strong and hopeful. Prayer is powerful and it can change any story.

Please! Stop what you're doing! Take a moment and join me as I pray for the countless women/couples/families who are struggling with infertility. One simple prayer can make all the difference.

THANK YOU!

1 comment:

Em said...

Thank you so much for raising your voice for infertility, Karolyn. I wish that you were among the blissfully ignorant when it comes to infertility. But since you're unfortunately not, I'm so glad that you're not wasting your infertility but rather using it to share your story and your faith. I am going to say a prayer right now...for all of us.