Friday, March 14, 2008

Awake 24 Hours... and still working!

To say I am tired would be a massive understatement... yet, here I am, at church... working... and I've been up for over 24 hours! At 3:15 p.m. Eastern/2:15 p.m. Central I will be actually working on the clock for 24 hours! No, no... I won't make it that far, but I will make it to about 22 hours of nonstop work. Yikes! Hey... just like my days of video work at Phantom Ranch before DVDs! Oh, fun times!

Well, this past Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday I have been working for Sugar Film Production on a commercial for Tire Rack. It was a great learning experience... also, very demanding! At times my patients were challenged, but in the end (with some helpful guidance from God) everything seemed to work out for the best and I am very grateful for this work opportunity. I organized papers, carried supplies, helped out crew members, and did a lot... a LOT of driving (which was cool because it made those long days go by somewhat fast)! All this took place in South Bend, Indiana. So be on the lookout for a commercial about tirerack.com.

I left the set while some crew were still wrapping up at 5:35 a.m. Eastern/4:35 a.m. Central. I picked up my car at the hotel and left at about 5:50 a.m. Eastern. I was in downtown Chicago by 6:45 a.m. Central. I dropped off the film we shot that day to be developed and then I went straight home... only to drop off my stuff and get ready for work at church. Whew! I knew it was only 7:20 a.m. but I saw no point in sleeping for an hour before I had to get up for work... so I just pressed on and went into work early! I got to church just before 8:00 a.m. (even beating Pastor Scott). I fully intend to leave church early as well... my bed is seriously calling my name! When I do get home I'll probably put in a looong movie and watch about 30 seconds before I fall fast asleep!

This weekend I plan to catch up on some much needed sleep and take the time to relax. My sleep schedule is all messed up from working long, strange hours and from being in a different time zone. Oh well, I'll fix that... no problem! Honestly, it was all worth it.

No comments: