Sunday, July 6, 2008

Fireworks!

If you know me then you know that I simply love fireworks!  Especially ones that sparkle, change color, or have some sort of movement... basically any firework that sets them apart from the basic BOOM, BANG!  Well, I got to see quite the assortment of fireworks this past 4th of July.  On Thursday, July 3rd Dan and I took a drive to Joliet to watch some fireworks with Jeff (the man Dan has been staying with this summer, as well as a fellow co-worker).  We sat right on the river as the fireworks burst ever so brightly above us... and I mean directly above us!  On Friday, 4th of July my family went over to my Uncle Jim and Aunt Marlene's house for a family BBQ.  Afterwards, Dan, Kathleen, and I rode bikes to mine and Kathleen's high school to view some fireworks from Oak Fest.  Then, Saturday, July 5th Dan and I watched some fireworks that were set off at the country club just behind house.  Did I mention that Dan and I also watched some fireworks from our past trip to Disney World?  Those are my favorite!
Saturday, Dan and I walked almost 2 miles to get to Cold Stone.  We had a coupon and decided a nice walk would be a great way for us to feel less guilty about eating so much fattening (but delicious) ice cream.  Later we did some shopping and Dan found a great new outfit for Deborah and Joshua's wedding reception.  The whole outfit was worth about $150 (from Gap and Express Men), but he managed to only spend about $36!  Yep, we're great sale/clearance shoppers.
Moving on... today after church was Deborah and Joshua's wedding reception.  It took place in an old mansion in Joliet.  Dinner was fabulous and the cake was divine (thanks to Donna).  Deborah was beautiful and Joshua was beaming with pride as he showed off his lovely bride.  It was nice to see Mary and her husband Daniel along with little Emily.  It was a wonderful afternoon.

Tomorrow at 5:00 a.m. I will be on the road to New Orleans.  I'm going with others from my church to work on homes that have been damaged by Hurricane Katrina.  Among those who are attending are my sister and my dad.  I still haven't packed... I better get on that.  Anyway, so I won't be updating in a while.  Stay tuned, I'll give a full report on my trip!

No comments: