Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Dan's Spring Break Begins

Dan is on his spring break right now... yay! I love having him around all week! I can't wait for it to be like this every day and every week! Only 115 days until that dream becomes reality... wow!

Yesterday, after Dan and I were done working for the day we went out for a wonderful date! Something we haven't really done in a very long time. We went out for dinner at Red Lobster and then walked the mall. Dan found some great jeans for an awesome price! It was a great find... he needs new jeans. Once summer clothes come in and spring is "out" we'll hit the mall and buy some new clothes. No sense in buying anything for spring or summer just yet. It's too cold and we have no plans to go anywhere warm.

We don't really have any other plans for his spring break. Really it's just a good opportunity for Dan to work full-time and earn some extra income. Aside from work it is nice to just relax and hang out. We've been watching a lot of Full House lately... ha ha. Good times!

Kathleen spent last week in Florida with the girls' softball team. On Saturday she sent me a text saying that she was in line for the ET Adventure ride at Universal Studios Florida. Gah! So jealous! I told her that I hope that she gets to ride with ET. Allow me to explain... On ET you get to "ride" bikes (like in the movie). In the front and center is a bike with a basket for ET. Growing up and going on vacation to Florida, Kathleen ALWAYS got the bike with ET... there is really no way to control getting a specific spot. Well, it always worked out in Orlando... it did not work in California (aw shucks). Anyway, later I got a phone call from Kathleen. She sounded very excited! Indeed, she DID get the bike with ET's basket! She told the girls while she was waiting in line, "I don't want to jinx the situation, but I have always gotten the bike with ET's basket." Sure enough, it happened again. CrAzY!

No comments: