Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Weekend in Milwaukee

Friday, Dan and I used our final American Eagle movie passes to see Burn After Reading starring George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Tilda Swinton, Frances McDormand, John Malkovich, and Richard Jenkins. It was... interesting. Not quite what Dan and I were expecting, but still had a number of laugh out loud moments. Brad Pitt was the best thing about the movie... by far! He was very animated and fun to watch. Once again, Dan and I were happy that we didn't actually pay to see this movie.


Saturday, Dan and I went to Bradford Beach in Milwaukee, Wisconsin with our friend, Myk, for the AVPNext Beach Volleyball tournament, AIAS UWM Sand Castle Competition, and Jigglesfest (Marquette) Music Festival. Myk played in the volleyball tournament with his boss from Colorado. They did very well in their pool, but didn't make it too far after that. It was still fun!


Dan, Myk, and I ended up staying the night in Milwaukee. Myk's mom was able to get us a sweet deal at a Hilton. That evening we went to Applebee's for dinner and then hung out at iPic Entertainment since we had some free bowling passes that I received at the volleyball tournament. We had a blast!

Sunday, Myk dropped off Dan and I at my house and later that afternoon Dan and I went to church to help with the Youth Group Scavenger Hunt. We drove around a great group of girls as they did random acts of kindness, found interesting items, and took goofy pictures!

It was a long and busy weekend... but it was a good one!

1 comment:

x083833 said...

As a participant of the Jigglesfest music festival, I have been searching for blog entries related to the event. What was your impression of the music? Any suggestions for making it better for next year? What did you like best? least? Thanks for attending!