Tuesday, August 19, 2008

California Adventure

Dan and I are back from California! We had a great time visiting his parents! Here is a breakdown of what we did while in California:

Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Dan and I had short days at work. We had lunch at my house and my parents had birthday cake and birthday presents for Dan before we left for the airport. Our flight was due to depart O'Hare Airport at 6:50 p.m. (central time) We had to transfer planes in Phoenix, Arizona and then we arrived in Ontario International Airport around 11:00 p.m. (pacific time). You'd think we'd be tired from traveling, but we stayed up to chat and play Wii Fit with Dan's folks until about 1:00 a.m. (pacific time). I guess we weren't too tired... but Wii Fit kinda made us tired.

Thursday, August 14, 2008
Late morning we departed for San Diego. After checking into our hotel we went to Seaport Village to have some lunch. We went over to Coronado Island to check out the Hotel de Coronado and do some shopping. Then, Dan and I did some more shopping at the Seaport Village while his folks went back to the hotel to get cleaned up for dinner. That evening we went to Ruth's Chris Steak House for Dan's special birthday dinner. The whole meal was perfect from start to finish. Of course Dan can always go for a nice steak, especially in honor of his birthday!


Friday, August 15, 2008
We left San Diego to go to a nice outdoor mall. After lunch at Ruby's Diner and some shopping we departed for Huntington Beach. Dan and I had a blast body surfing on the waves. At first I was a little nervous but I got used to the waves rather quickly. Dan's dad came out and joined us for a long time. We're still learning, but it is something that I would love to do again! Later that evening we did some shopping and had dinner at Huntington Beach before we returned to the apartment.


Saturday, August 16, 2008
Dan's 21st birthday! We got up bright and early Saturday morning to get ready for Disneyland. I woke up Dan by giving him his birthday present and birthday card... and I videotaped it just like he did last year when we went to Disney World for my birthday. We left for the park just after 7:00 a.m. so that we could be there when the park opened up promptly at 8:00 a.m. We had a blast at Disneyland! We got park hoppers so we hopped over to Disney's California Adventure for part of the day. There we had dinner at the Golden Vine Winery. After dinner we went back over to Disneyland. After the "Remember... Dreams Come True" fireworks Dan's parents went to chill at Downtown Disney while Dan and I went on a couple more rides. The park closed at midnight... so you know we were there as long as possible. We got back just after 1:00 a.m. and I surprised Dan with one last birthday gift before he went to bed.

Sunday, August 17, 2008
We were all very tired from our Disney outting (but it was totally worth it), so we slept in and went to a later church service. After church we went out for lunch and then did a little bit of shopping at a local outlet mall. We went back to the apartment to relax for a bit before we went to a different mall to shop and have dinner. For dinner we went to a Japanese sushi restaurant. I had sushi for the very first time! It was pretty good... I'd eat it again.

Monday, August 18, 2008
Our last morning in California. Sadly it was time to go home. Our flight left Onterio at 12:40 p.m. Again, we had to fly to Phoneix first, but we made it back to Chicago just after 8:00 p.m. (central time).

I'm still pretty tired and I still have to unpack, but it's all been worth it! I had a great time and I hope that I get to go back soon!

No comments: