Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Timber!

Last night we were hit with a pretty nasty storm. Kathleen and I had just arrived at Oak Brook Mall around 7:30 p.m. to have dinner with our cousin, Jess, when things really started to rumble. Tornado sirens were blaring through the area as black clouds quickly engulfed the area we stood. There was some panic around us, but we remained calm and cool as we looked for the Thai place we had chosen for dinner. Thankfully we chose a place on the lower level and tucked away from all the nasty weather. The lights threatened to go out a couple of times, but we stayed put and enjoyed our dinner.

On our way home I asked Kathleen if she wanted to stop by where Dan was staying and surprise him with a visit. She agreed it would be fun so I called home to let the 'rents know we were safe and going to stop by Dan's for a bit. My dad told me that we lost power at home at about 8:30 p.m. Anyway, Dan was definitely surprised and happy to see us when we arrived in his room. Dan still had power at Jeff's, so we were able to watch the news and find out what was going on around the area.

This morning when I got up for work I was surprised at what I saw outside my bedroom window! Our neighbor has been working hard at taking down that tree all summer... I guess he got a little help from Mother Nature! Thankfully, it doesn't look like the fence is damage.

In other news, I got a new cell phone when I renewed my contract with Verizon! I got a great deal on the Venus and even managed to get some sweet accessories for free! I'm enjoying this new phone and so far have had no problems with it. The more I use it, the more I like it! It features a touch screen as well as a keyboard when you slide it open. I've already customized my phone with special ringtones (which Dan found for me for free online) and picture ID's!

No comments: