Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Movie in Grant Park

Last night the Young Adults went to see The Day the Earth Stood Still for the Chicago Outdoor Film Festival in Grant Park. We had a great turnout despite the humidity. Some sat on blankets while others sat on chairs and we all munched on chips and cookies while we hung out and watched the movie. I recently heard that Hollywood is making an updated version of the movie starring Keanu Reeves (due to come out 12.12.2008). Anyway, as a group we've been doing a lot of activities lately. Just this past Sunday we had a cookout and bonfire at Chris' home. Tonight is our weekly Bible study... needless to say, we've been seeing a lot of each other lately and that's a good thing!

Dan and I leave for California in one week! I am so excited, I've been counting down the days on my Facebook profile. I'm trying to keep busy and not think about it so time doesn't crawl by too slow. Although, the anticipation is always a fun build up! Soon I'll have to do laundry and begin packing. Yay!

No comments: