Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Missing My Sister

Kathleen left for Minnesota this past Saturday. I miss her so much already! Saturday morning the five of us (me, Kathleen, Dan, Mom, and Dad) went out for breakfast and then she left around lunchtime. She stopped in the cities for a couple of days to visit with some friends before she went all the way up north. She's back safe and I'm happy, but I miss my little sister!

Sunday was the church picnic. We had a very nice turn out and the weather was awesome! Dan and I won the bean bag tournament while my parents won one game of the water balloon toss. It was a wonderful morning/afternoon. I always look forward to the picnic. Last year Dan and I missed it because we were on our way to Florida (Disney World).

Tomorrow Dan and I will be flying out to California to visit with his parents until Monday. I'm pretty much all packed, so that's a major plus. I just have some odds and ends to wrap up and I should be good to go. Our flight isn't until tomorrow evening, so I'll be at work for a couple of hours before it's time to go to the airport. That means I'll be working on the Sunday bulletin tomorrow. I think I might even get a jump start right now, not much is going on.

No comments: