Thursday, August 28, 2008

"Happy Birthday! It's Karolyn's Birthday!"

This morning when I got up to fix my breakfast (birthday pancakes that I made for myself and my family last night) my dad came down the stairs dancing and singing the "Donald Duck Birthday Song," but replaced my name with Donald's. For those of you who did not watch Disney specials back in the 80's (I'm sorry), here is the song that I found on YouTube:

Donald Duck Birthday Song (originally aired in 1984)

Now, when my mom came down the stairs and sang the birthday song to me she sang it like I did when I was little... something like... "Happy birthday! I never seen a/no dino!" Um, yeah... not sure what I thinking, but according to my parents I belted it out like those were really the words! I can't believe that after over 20 years my mom still remembers my goofy lyrics I sang to the Donald Duck Birthday Song. Ha ha!

My parents gave me some wonderful birthday presents before I left for work. Later my mom will be fixing me a special birthday dinner and then Dan will be taking me out. I'm not sure what he has planned for us, but I'm sure that it'll be fun!

No comments: