Thursday, October 30, 2008

H-A Double L-O-W Double E-N Spells Halloween!

The title comes from a song I sang for a play in elementary school. I was a pumpkin along with the rest of my 1st Grade classmates. The song has stuck with me since then and it always comes to mind around Halloween. I don't remember any other part of the song... just the chorus. Somewhere I have that play on VHS.

Also, in honor of this holiday, I changed my Facebook profile picture. The picture that you see below was taken during my first photography class in college (I think I'm 19). It was for a photo session assignment called Class Portrait. We spent a couple of hours taking photos of each other with different backgrounds and lighting. Towards the end, my teacher wanted to have some fun so he created one backdrop with "monster lighting." He called me over and wanted to use me because of my long hair and photogenic ability. One of my classmates took this picture and gave me a print once the assignment was over and graded. Another classmate took a picture where I had my head down but I was looking up and smiling at the camera. Oh man... talk about creepy! She also submitted the photo for the assignment, but I did not get a copy. Oh well, this one works.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Karolyn, I didn't know you had a blog. nice. I just wanted to say thanks for the link. Keep on rockin.

Brian