Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Ups and Downs of My Weekend

Friday, October 24th the Young Adults were supposed to go to the Richardson Farm and do the Corn Maze, but the rain, thunder, and lightning forced us to cancle our plans. I'll admit that I was bummed, but I still managed to have a nice evening. Dan and I stayed in and baked cookies. Chris came over and we all watched Iron Man and then hung out until 1:00 a.m.

Saturday, October 25th Dan and I went to his school to watch four Saw movies on DVD with Myk. By the end we were pretty much desensitized to the gore and violence. The Saw movie marthon was in honor of Saw V... which we saw on the big screen as soon as we finished the first four. It was gross, of course, but I'm more into the plot and storyline. The mystery of who can really be trusted and where everything falls into place on the timeline. You have to see the movies to understand what I am getting at. The surprise endings and twists are the best part of the movie. Going to see these movies has become a Halloween tradition. Myk is wondering how we'll be able to pull it off next year when he is back in Colorado.

Sunday, October 26th I led the musical ministry for our worship service at church. June played the piano and I sang and led the congregation. It all came together at the last minute, but worked out nicely. I also ran AV with Dan that same Sunday. Thankfully, Anthony and Bill were present to fill in when I had to be on stage. Thanks guys!

Sunday, Dan and I also got to see his mother for a second time while she was visiting the Midwest. We met up with her in Long Grove and did some shopping. For dinner we ate at California Pizza Kitchen. CPK has sort of become a tradition for us. As usual, it was very nice to see her!

Monday, October 27th I spent most of the day editing. I got a lot of work done! I still have some work to do and I'm hoping that I can have more then one project done this week. That would be a bonus!

No comments: