Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A Long and Busy Weekend

My weekend was so busy... I got about 4 hours of sleep within 48 hours of my weekend. I'll explain.

While at the mall on Friday I got my seasonal job back at William-Sonoma! I'm super excited... especially since they are not taking on as many people this year. I'm not surprised. Greg, the store manager, was very happy to hear that I wanted to come back. I'm looking forward to starting back next month.

Saturday morning Dan and I got up pretty early and made a quick stop at Dunkin' Donuts to get some coffee (for me) and two free donuts thanks to my awesome coupon. From there we made our way to Six Flags Great America for Fright Fest! We did some stuff around the park before we met up with his mom (who is in the Midwest area for 2 weeks) and his sister, Mandy. We ate lunch at Cracker Barrel (well, actually most of us had breakfast food) and then Carol and Mandy joined us in the park. We had a blast! It was a beautiful day! We didn't get on many rides, since it was so crowded, but we did have a wonderful time visiting with each other while we waited in 2-hour lines. Dan and I got home around 11:00 p.m. and went straight to bed.

I had trouble sleeping that night. I kept waking up, afraid that I was over sleeping and waking up late. I got about 2 hours of sleep before I had to get up at 3:00 a.m. for the Chicago Marathon. Blah! Dan, my dad, and myself left home and got to my dad's school (Lyons Township High School) just before 4:15 a.m. Once everyone was present (40 male students, 4 outsiders - me, Dan, Linda, and Michele - 3 coaches, and one bus driver) we made our way to the city. We got downtown around 5:15 a.m. and got right to work setting up the start hydration. Later, my cousin Jessica met up with us (yay!). Her boyfriend, Andrew, was running in the marathon for World Vision. Once the race started and we were done working we made an attempt to see Andrew running at the 12-mile mark. Sadly, we missed all him. Dan, Linda, Michele, and I did not have time to try and see him later since we had to get back to the bus. Lyon's Cross Country head coach, Mike Danner, ran and finished with a time of 3:16:49! That's amazing since he was sick, it was hot out, he had blisters, and he ran 10 miles the day before. He said he'd take it more seriously next year. Umm, wow. Andrew finished with a time of 4:22:51! Congratulations to Mike, Andrew, and all the runners who finished! As usual, volunteering at the marathon was a great time!

That afternoon I tried to nap. Got about 2 hours of sleep (again) before I had to get ready for the Youth Group all-nighter at Hidden Cove. I stopped at Dunkin' Donuts to pick up a large coffee with cream, sugar, and a shot of espresso. The guy at the window kinda chuckled at me. Not too many people have such an order at 9:30 p.m.

I stayed up all night with the youth group along with 140 other students and leaders. It was a good time. I just wish I wasn't so tired. No matter... I rode go karts, tried out the climbing wall, went through the bouncy obstacle course a couple of times, played some arcade games, rode the bumper cars, played Guitar Hero III, and played a random hand game with the our group. Whew! Oh... and I finished my book, Into the Wild. The event came to an end at 7:oo a.m. We took our students back to church and then I made my way home around 8:00 a.m.

I literally slept just about all day on Monday. Every time I woke up it was because someone was calling me. Well, my mom woke me up once for dinner. I stayed up after dinner. However, I still went to bed before my parents. I was tired!

No comments: