Friday, November 30, 2012

Influenster and Dino Lingo


Recently, *Influenster introduced me to a series of language learning programs for kids. It's called Dino Lingo and it is a video series that teaches children several different languages - French, Italian, German, Russian... the list goes on. While the mixed graphics may annoy this adult, I'm sure it won't be an issue for a child. Truth be told, I can see myself enjoying the series of videos in effort to learn another language. I've always wanted to learn French or Italian, so if I can block out the fact that graphic style changes constantly, I could see myself watching this to pick up some foreign language experience. The videos are very basic and they're rather easy to follow, so I'm sure children will cheerfully pick up on what they're being taught. Seriously though, who wouldn't love to hear their little child say "Merci bocu, Mommy!" and other simple French phrases? Too cute! Dan knows German, so I'm sure he wouldn't mind being able to speak in German with our children from time to time. It's certainly worth considering.

 
*Disclaimer: I viewed this clip complimentary through Influenster.

No comments: