Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Puppy Love

After work on November 6th (Election Day) I went to the vet pick up Kathleen and Brad's little pup (Lovie). He wasn't quite ready to get fixed, so they'll be taking care of that when they come into town next month.

When I got home with Lovie, Dan and I reunited the siblings. At first Jetta seemed rather confused to see her brother, but of course she warmed up and ran over to greet him. The two spent most of the evening playing/wrestling. Jetta is quite good at pinning Lovie, but I swear she was letting him win here and there. It was so cute! Jetta even took the time to groom her smaller brother.

Later that evening Dan went with our friend (Derek) to pick up a couch that was given to us by some other friends. I was now home alone with two very tiny puppies -- one on the verge of being house trained and the other not-so-much. Eventually the two got comfy and they snuggled with me while I watched updates on the Election.

LOVIE
JETTA

Later that evening Dan got a chance to snuggle with the puppies while I cleaned up the house and took a shower. Yep, these two are great for parenting practice!

LOVIE (left) and JETTA (right)
Thankfully, we had a very peaceful evening. Dan put Jetta to bed in her usual spot and she didn't put up much of a fight. In our room, I put Lovie in a large box with a towel, some t-shirts that smelled like me and Dan, and a puppy pad. I stayed with him until he fell asleep. Both puppies slept through the night!

Today, Lovie is getting picked up by my parents and tomorrow they will be driving him to Kathleen and Brad. I hate to see this little guy go, but I'm excited that he'll be in the family and we'll get to see him (and his parents) next month. Oh how I love these precious puppies!

No comments: