Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Getting Through the Fog


Yikes! This morning I woke up to very thick fog outside my house. I had a difficult time viewing the other houses in my neighborhood and driving to work was quite slow. Even as the morning progressed the fog still linguered. Not exactly ideal traveling conditions.

During my drive to work, the fog got me thinking about my walk with Christ. Sometimes, walking with Him is like walking through very thick fog -- you can only see what is around you, not what is ahead. Also, just like walking in a thick fog, you have to take your time and not rush down the path God has for you. Going too fast can result to harm or could throw you off course because you don't know what's ahead. As long as you take your time and trust the *light that is with you, you'll be fine.

I feel like I'm in a dense fog with my walk right now. Slowly and surely I am going down this unknown path with Christ, not sure where He is leading me, but I trust Him. I trust Christ but sometimes not seeing what's far ahead causes me to worry. How much longer must I wander down this path? What is my destination? No, seriously, how much longer??

Philippians 4:6 is one of my favorite verses. It says, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." I know I worry way too much, but because of my faith in Christ I worry much less. Deuteronomy 31:8 says, "The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." Truth be told, I really have no reason to worry if I've placed my faith in Christ -- I know. I try to live each day with little or no worry, but some days are harder than others.

I may not know what my future holds, but I know who holds my future! So, for now, I will continue down this unknown path, praying for wisdom and the strength to be brave. In the end, I know it will be worth it.

*"[Jesus] said, 'I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.'" John 8:12

No comments: