Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Going Green

Well, the trees and plants are starting to turn green... I am so excited! Spring is in full effect and summer is right around the corner! So far this week I have been taking advantage of this beautiful God-given weather by going outside and taking a nice bike ride. Great exercise!

This past weekend was rather eventful. Friday Dan came over after work (as usual). Saturday we walked Woodfield Mall before heading over to Harvest for an evening church service with his mom. After church we grabbed dinner at California Pizza Kitchen (how appropriate). After dinner we walked the outdoor mall and enjoyed each other's company. My parents rented some movies over the weekend, so after church on Sunday Dan and I spent the afternoon watching Enchanted and Juno... two very different movies. Both were good... and of course me being a fan of fairy tales and Disney I especially enjoyed Enchanted... very cute, clever, and funny! Juno was a nice, more realistic take on an unwanted teen pregnancy which was a nice change of pace... also clever and funny. Juno is a more recent release so it was due back on Monday, but I'm holding onto Enchanted which isn't due back until Sunday.

Monday was an interesting day. My parents and I had our new mattresses delivered in the morning... so nice!! My dad and I both had some banking to do, so we went together. Our bank was celebrating it's new name, so there were balloons, flowers, food, and gifts all over! My banking took forever, so we ended up having lunch at the bank. Odd, but good.

Work today was busy. Pretty much the same story for the past couple of weeks. I had a meeting with Lifetouch today, so the new photo directory is almost complete (finally)! My computer and phone wasn't working and once I was on my computer I couldn't print, so that slowed me down for a bit. But thankfully everything should be up and running properly tomorrow.

Dan has his one and only final tomorrow. Pray for him... I know that he has been studying very hard! He's been working so hard all year. He's due for a break... so I'm taking him out for a surprise date on Saturday! He knows that we're going out, but he doesn't know where. Hopefully the weather is nice on Saturday, that'll make my plans work out for the best.

Oh! One other plus, I've got some freelance work for Friday and Monday! Those days are perfect for me because I already don't work on Friday or Monday! Thank God! I can always use more freelance work.

No comments: