Thursday, October 13, 2011

Closing Time

Today is the BIG day! Today, Dan and I are going to close on our house and become official home owners! "WOW!" is a definite understatement. In fact, I am sure that there is not a single word that will justify exactly what I am feeling right now. So here are my top five words to describe how I feel this morning:

Today I am feeling...
1. Blessed!
2. Excited
3. Joyful
4. Happy
5. Anxious

Not gonna lie, I cried yesterday, literally, for the first time since the whole house process started. I suddenly felt nervous and scared. I'm usually a big worrier, but through lots of prayer and quality time with God, I have felt ultimate peace throughout this whole process. That is... until yesterday. What happened? Well, I have one guess: Satan!

Years ago I had a talk with my mom about God and Satan. I wondered, How can I tell the difference between when God speaking to me and when Satan speaks? My mom instantly replied, "God will never make you feel bad about yourself. That is how you tell the difference."

So, how did I feel last night? Basically, I felt stupid. I found myself wondering, How on earth am I going to pay for this house? Was this really a good idea? Does this sound like God speaking to me? Nope! Dan wanted me to fell good about our upcoming closing day, so he prayed over me and within the words "Amen" I felt like a whole new person! I guess that is even more proof that Satan was wispering words of doubt and fear into my mind, not God.

The truth is, I have no real doubt that this is what God wants for me and Dan. We have spent the last seven months or so in constant communication with God, regarding our house. Even on big days, like when we signed off on the paper work to begin construction on the house, I felt absolute peace. Coming from a obsessive worrier, it is a big deal that I didn't worry for one second on such a life-changing day. Where else can such peace come from? Only the Holy Spirit can fill my mind, body and soul with such soothing peace.

Not only have I felt absolute peace throughout the entire house-building process, but God's hand has been evident with multiples stories that feature His perfect timing. He has given me no reason to feel nervous or scared. Until last night, I never second-guessed mine and Dan's decision. So I can only conclude that Satan was trying to spoil a joyous occassion. Satan: FAIL.

My work day is short today. Once I am done for the day I will be joining Dan and his best friend, Myk (who flew in from Colorado last night just for this special occassion), and together we will go to the house, start a final, final walk through and then go to Downers Grove to sign the paper work. Myk is going to find a coffee shop during the closing process - and I don't blame him.

The process will begin at noon, so if you're reading this by then, please pray for us. I don't want to hear Satan's lies anymore today. Today, I want to feel the presence of my Heavenly Father - the one who made this day possible.

No comments: