Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Think Pink

October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. So don't be surprised when you start noticing lots of pink everywhere you go. Even NFL players are getting in on the action and wearing pink during football games! It's unavoidable... you will notice extra traces of pink throughout the entire month of October. Fabulous!

Taken from NBCAM.ORG:
"Breast Cancer is the most common cancer in women in the United States, aside from skin cancer. According to the American Cancer Society (ACS), an estimated 192,370 cases of invasive breast cancer are expected to be diagnosed among women in the United States this year. An estimated 40,170 [were] expected to die in 2009 alone. Today there are about 2.5 million breast cancer survivors living in the United States."

How can you make a difference? Personally, I don't have breast cancer but I still feel driven to support those who are and those who are diligently working to find a cure. One of my favorite ways to help contribute is to purchase yogurt. Sounds silly but Yoplait and Dannon both have their own campaigns that are raising funds to support breast cancer research. I love yogurt and helping others, so for me this is an easy way to show my support.


Looking ahead, you can also consider walking in the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer or financially support someone who is participating. The Chicago walk takes place June 2 -3, 2012.

So this month I'll be eating lots of yogurt and wearing pink to show my support for those courageous women (and men!) who are battling breast cancer.

Now, for those who are in need of some hope, in any way, shape or form, here is some encouraging scripture from our loving Heavenly Father that I hope fills you peace and comfort...

Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10

Seek the LORD and his strength; seek his presence continually!
1 Chronicles 16:11

I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
Philippians 4:13

No comments: