Monday, October 3, 2011

Savy Shopper Savings

On Friday, September 30th Dan and I made a quick trip to CVS to purchase some random items that were on sale. Rating myself an "intermediate" coupon queen, I managed to spot a few deals and match them up with some helpful coupons. These are our results:

Dan's Items Purchased:

REGULAR PRICE
1 Snickers Bar $1.19
1 Vick's NyQuil (12 fluid oz) $8.99
1 Vick's DayQuil (12 fluid oz) $8.99
1-4 Pack Schick Quattro Women's Replacement Blades $11.99

SALE PRICE
NyQuil and DayQuil (12 fluid oz) 2/$12
plus $3 in ExtraBucks Rewards
1-4 Pack Schick Quattro Women's Replacements Blades $8.99
plus $4.00 in ExtraBucks Rewards

COUPONS USED
1 Free Candy Bar
$3.00 off two bottles of NyQuil
$4.00 off one Schick Quattro Women's Razor Blades
$2.00 ExtraBucks Rewards via Facebook

FINAL COST: $12.92
(after tax)

According to Dan's receipt, he saved $19.17.

My Items Purchased:

REGULAR PRICE
1 Oil Of Olay Age Defying Cleanser (6.78 fluid oz) $6.49
1 CVS Ibuprofen Liquid Filled Softgels (80 count) $7.99

SALE PRICE
Oil of Olay Age Defying Cleanser (6.78 fluid oz) $3.99
CVS Ibuprofen Liquid Filled Softgels (80 count) $6.49

COUPONS USED
$1.00 off one Oil of Olay Cleanser
$3.00 ExtraBucks Rewards
$4.00 ExtraBucks Rewards

Final Cost: $2.98
(after tax)

According to my receipt, I saved $12.00.

GRAND TOTAL SPENT: $15.90

GRAND TOTAL SAVED: $31.17

Did you follow all of that? It can be confusing at first, I know. Basically, we ended up saving more than twice as much as we spent! About 66% off in total savings. Plus, we got some popular, name-brand items.

Sure, I'll be the first to admit that coupon clipping and bargain shopping can be very time consuming, but in the long run, it is quite thrilling! The less I spend and the more I save, the bigger the thrill! It's a game. A time consuming, mathematically challenging game. The more you practice, the better you get. I've been getting better but I think that I've got a lot to learn before I go all pro.

No comments: