Monday, April 28, 2008

I Am Appreciated

As I wrapped up work this past Thursday (alone in the office) I was surprised to find that the delivery Pastor Scott had me waiting for was a lovey bouquet of flowers from him and Will! It was a kind gesture to let me know how much they appreciate my work. Thanks guys!

Friday, Dan and I hit the mall after dinner. Haven't gone shopping in a long time... and I still didn't buy myself anything. I need new jeans, so I'll return once I get another paycheck. Saturday, my mom and I went to pick up a birthday cake for my Uncle Ron's birthday. My dad ordered a dressel's cake (in honor of their childhood). Later I went downtown to catch some of Shannon's bridal party. After that I drove home and went with my family to celebrate my Uncle Ron's birthday! It was a fun evening! After dinner and birthday cake Dan and I played Catch Phrase with my cousin Jess and her boyfriend Andrew. We laughed so hard... it was a great time! Sunday, went to church and then Dan and I ran some errands. I picked up some supplies for when I teach Jr. Church on Mother's Day. We're going to grow some flowers!

Oh, I also had my weigh in on Saturday. I lost 2 more pounds! Whew! I'm so excited! Honestly, this isn't the easiest thing in the world, but the results are keeping me motivated. Plus, summer is right around the corner and I want to be beach ready!

Today the weather is blah. Oh well, April showers bring May flowers! I'm ready for summer. Well, almost ready. A couple more weeks at this diet and I should be all set. Come June I'll be all set!

2 comments:

msmarley said...

hi there,
can you tell me where your dad ordered the dressel's cake from/where you picked it up? my dad speaks of these often/ fondly and i'd like to get him one for father's day. thanks for your help. msmarley

knelson said...

We picked up our Dressel's cake from Baumann's Bakery. Here is the contact info...

12248 Harlem Ave.
Palos Heights, IL
(708) 448-1440

Our's was delicious and it was a great way for my dad and uncle to remember their childhood! I'm sure that it will be for your dad as well. Enjoy!