Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Second City

This weekend was a good time. Dan and I joined some of my college friends for Dawn's 26th birthday at Second City. It was mine and Dan's first Second City experience! We had a blast! Dan studied pretty much all day on Saturday. I did some editing. That evening we stayed in. I made dessert, we watched Spiderman, and played Scrabble. Relaxing... something we both could use. Sunday we ran AV at church, Dan studied some more, and then after dinner Dan went home and I met up with Nora at Starbucks.

Yesterday I went to the gym with Nora and Brigid. It was a good time! Lately I've been a much happier person and I think that it's because of all the exercise and healthy eating... not to say that I didn't work out or eat healthy before, I just kicked it up into high gear these past couple of weeks. I'm lovin' it! Well, with summer just around the corner I have to be prepared.

Dan's parents can use some prayer this week. It's quite a complicated story but I'll sum it up. Dan's father (Dan) has two job offers: Indiana and California. While he has a great job and a brand new home in Iowa right now, these jobs can really be good for the family. Plus, the Indiana job will bring them closer to family and there is a really good chance that the California job will relocate them to Chicago in about 2 years (which is where they really want to be). However, right now they have a lot of good things going for them in Iowa, they just don't enjoy living where they are right now. They have until the end of the week to make their decision.

Not much else is going on. There isn't much for me to do at work today. That's fine. My really busy days are usually on Thursday or whenever I have to run the bulletin. Fun stuff!

No comments: