Thursday, June 19, 2008

Family Vacation Has Been Planned

My family has officially planned a vacation for next month. We haven't seriously gone anywhere for a family vacation (other then to Saint Paul to visit Kathleen at school) since I was going into my senior year of high school. The plan was to pick a place that we could drive to and have a nice, long weekend (plus something new would make it a bit more interesting). We had a couple of options but decided to go to Branson, Missouri. We booked a lovely condo at Thousand Hills Golf Resort just minutes from all the fun. I'm sure that we'll spend some quality time on a hike or two, do some shopping, and maybe catch a show.

Yesterday I went for a nice bike ride. The weather has really cooled off so it wasn't a difficult ride. I've been noticing a lot of people riding bikes and walking lately. Not just on trails, but on the side of the road. Obviously I blame high gas prices, but it's still good to see people getting out and exercising. When the weather is nice I don't mind going for a bike ride to run local errands.

No comments: