Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Good Day, Sunshine

My skin tone is developing a nice tan and I'm loving it! While I am not one to obsessively lay out and catch some rays, I do enjoy some quiet time in the sun.

Saturday was my parent's 28th wedding anniversary! Congratulations, Mom and Dad on 28 years of marriage! Dad made breakfast for my mom (and left some for the rest of us once we woke up). Later they did a little shopping and had lunch. After lunch they went for a bike ride and then for dinner went to the Key Wester!

While Mom and Dad spent the day together so Kathleen, Dan, and I did our own thing. We did a little shopping of our own and then spent some time relaxing in the sun. We went out to Chili's for dinner and then took a nice walk once we got home.

After church on Sunday we got together with Young Adults from our church to discuss bringing back the "Young Adults" group while having lunch at Pop's. My parents were there to help out. Everything went great and it looks like we've really got something going. It rained pretty much all afternoon. The three of us didn't get much time in the sun and Dan and I almost didn't make it back from our walk before it started to rain.

Monday, Kathleen and I took a drive out to Sarah's house for the day. After lunch we relaxed around the pool. At first the clouds looked like they were going to stick around all afternoon, but thankfully we remained patient and in the end got an afternoon with lots of sunshine! That evening we did a little shopping... well, I didn't get anything but I helped Sarah pick out a new digital camera. After dinner we went back to watch The Bachelorette and American Gladiator (which were taped while we were out). It was a good day.

Today my folks are heading to Galena, Illinois for their anniversary getaway. They'll be back sometime tomorrow. Again, congratulations to my parents... you both deserve a night away from home!

No comments: