Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Spaghetti Dinner 2008 Recap

Friday was a long day! I woke up bright and early to start my day and get ready for the dinner. I had to run some errands but once they were done I was off to the mall to get my hair cut and styled. My hair turned out nice, but the humidity made it kinda poofy. Oh well, nothing I can do about that.

At church I finished up some last minute details and tried to get everything ready for the praise band. Unfortunately traffic was an issue and slowed some people down. I worried a little bit, but in the end everything worked out fine. We praticed and still had some down time before the program officially started.

Evan's flight was delayed due to Chicago's nasty weather. Praise God he eventually made it! The weather never really changed. Anyway, Evan arrived and guests lined up quickly to meet and greet Evan. He took pictures with fans, signed autographs, and later shared his testimony of faith during our program. Everyone was very excited to see him and he was so good to the crowd.
During the program we had some door prizes to hand out. Everyone seemed to enjoy that! We had some gift certificates to McDonald's, Ricobene's, Fleckenstein's Bakery, and BP Gas, two Phantom Ranch T-Shirts, and some large candy bars!
I have a bunch of photos posted on my Facebook profile... so if you'd like to see some more images be sure to check them out (as long as we're friends).

In other news, Saturday my right eye started irritating me. I took out my contacts and it got worse! I quickly swelled up and became very sensitive to light. Scary! Sunday morning I couldn't even open my eyes! Dan had to run AV without me... thanks, babe! After treating my eye with a little TLC it started to look better, but it wasn't over. Monday was a long day! I had the first of two wisdom teeth pulled at 7:45 a.m. Later that afternoon I went to the eye doctor to find out that I have an infection in both of my eyes! So I'm on antibiotics for the next week. If all goes well I'll be able to put my contacts in Friday or Saturday. Needless to say, Monday wasn't the best day.

Today my mouth is sore and I can't open it very wide. I'm still eatting soup and other soft foods. And just think... as soon as I recover I'll be starting all over when I get the second tooth pulled on Tuesday (next week). I have to admit, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I'll be much braver next week since I know what to expect!

No comments: